For units such as departments¶
Our pilot is funded by departments and schools, and members of these units can receive the basic services free of charge (in accordance to the shares of funding). If a research group would like dedicated advanced services (see list above), they will directly fund this and replace your share.
Benefits to schools/departments:
- Increase the quality of efficiency of your research. Your researchers focus on their science while improving their coding skills passively.
- Provide hands-on technical research services to your community at a higher level than basic IT.
- Help with data management and FAIR data - be more competitive for funding, help get value out of your unit’s data.
Benefits to groups:
- Receive staff/on-call software development expertise within your group, without having to fund or hire a full-time.
- Your RSEs get joint training and share competence within our RSE group.
The RSE program is a part of Aalto Scientific Computing (Science-IT), so is integrated to our training programs and infrastructure maintenance. You don’t just get a service, but a connection to a community of experts.