Triton and Science-IT gets funding from departments and Aalto, so it is critical that we show them the results of our work. Thus, please note that if you use the cluster for research that is published or presented in a talk or poster form you must acknowledge the Science-IT project by School of Science, that funds the Triton and affiliated resources. By published work we mean everything like articles, doctoral theses, diplomas, reports, other relevant publications. Use of triton can be anything: CPUs, GPUs, or the storage system (note that the storage system is the “scratch” system, which is cross-mounted to several different departments - you can use Triton without logging into it.)
An appropriate acknowledgement line might be one of:
We acknowledge the computational resources provided by the Aalto Science-IT project.
The calculations presented above were performed using computer resources within the Aalto University School of Science “Science-IT” project.
You can decide which one fits better to your text/slides. Rephrasing is also fine, the main issue is referencing to Science-IT and Aalto. (Note that this does not exist in various funding databases, this is an Aalto internal project.)
We can’t automatically track all the Triton publications. We need all users to link the publications to Science-IT in ACRIS. It takes about 30 seconds if you aren’t looking at ACRIS now, or 5 when you are already there. All publications are required to be in ACRIS anyway, so this is a fast process.
You can see the already-reported publications here: https://research.aalto.fi/en/equipment/scienceit(27991559-92d9-4b3b-95ee-77147899d043)/publications.html
- Log in to ACRIS: https://acris.aalto.fi
- Find your publication: Research Output (left sidebar) -> Click on
- If your publication is not already there, then see your department’s ACRIS instructions, or the general help below.
- Link it to Science-IT: scroll down to relationships -> Equipment -> Search “Science-IT” and select it.
- Click Save at the bottom of the window.
- Repeat for all publications
You are done! You can see if your publications appears on the list above.
- General ACRIS help: ACRIShelp
- Manually adding journal article (most are automatically transferred): Submitting a journal article on ACRIShelp.
Should you have problems, first contact your department’s ACRIS help. If a publication or academic output somehow can’t be linked, let us know and we will make sure that we include it in our own lists.