The Aalto Scicomp Garage is a help session for scientific computing at Aalto organized by the Science-IT team (Triton admins). It’s the best time to talk to the people behind scientific computing at Aalto. This is a place to get stuff done, so bring your laptop and coffee/food, and come hang out.
Most of the time, we are just there to answer questions.
Sometimes, there may be a short presentation on some topic, but you can still ask questions to the other staff before, during, and after that.
Come if you want to:
- Solve problems
- Discuss bigger problems
- Network with others who are doing similar work
- Learn something new
- Give feedback
- Days: Triton garage is every week from 14:00-15:00 on Thursdays.
- Time: We promise to be there only the first 30 minutes, so if everyone leaves before then we might leave too (usually we are there the whole time).
- Location: See below. Common locations: T4 and A106 (CS building, by entrance around back of T2), A237 (CS building, by main coffee room on 2nd floor A wing) and B121 (CS building).
|Date (default Th)||Time (default 14:00-15:00)||Loc||Topic|
|3.jan||13-14||A106||Rest of year decided soon|
|17.jan||14-15||CS A2||CS building, 2nd floor coffee room in the A wing|
|24.jan||14-15||CS A2||CS building, 2nd floor coffee room in the A wing|
Dates after 2.8 to be decided later.
Possible special topics¶
- Profiling and performance monitoring
- open source: making software and running a project, licenses
- shell scripting and automation
- unix intro
- software testing
- building good programs
- porting python2 to python3
- GPU / deep learning computing
- molecular dynamics software
Scicomp Garage has existed since Spring 2017.