The Aalto Scicomp Garage is a help session for scientific computing at Aalto organized by the Science-IT team (Triton admins). It’s the best time to talk to the people behind scientific computing at Aalto. This is a place to get stuff done, so bring your laptop and coffee/food, and come hang out.
Most of the time, we are just there to answer questions.
Sometimes, there may be a short presentation on some topic, but you can still ask questions to the other staff before, during, and after that.
Come if you want to:
- Solve problems
- Discuss bigger problems
- Network with others who are doing similar work
- Learn something new
- Give feedback
- Days: Triton garage is every week from 13:00-14:00 on Thursdays.
- Time: We promise to be there only the first 30 minutes or so, if everyone leaves before then. Usually we are there the whole time.
- Location: See below. U121a and U121b (in main building), T4 and A106 (CS building), F254 (F-building, some may call it “Health technology house”). Carefully note the difference between U121a and U121b, but they are right by each other.
|Date (default Th)||Time (default 13:00-14:00)||Loc||Topic|
Dates after 2.8 to be decided later.
Possible special topics¶
- Profiling and performance monitoring
- open source: making software and running a project, licenses
- shell scripting and automation
- unix intro
- software testing
- building good programs
- porting python2 to python3
- GPU / deep learning computing
- molecular dynamics software
Scicomp Garage has existed since Spring 2017.